Welcome to O’s Recipe Book!
This is a new series where I share my new recipes that I try! Most of them will be healthy oriented and attainable for meal prepping!
This week I made mason jar zucchini lasagna! An easy lasagna without the pasta and ready to be thrown into your lunch box when you are heading out the door for school or work!
I received the wonderful inspiration to make this from Whitney Simmons on YouTube!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb of Ground turkey (or any meat you prefer)
- 2 large zuchinni’s
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 jar of Tomato/ marinara sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 Mason jars
(This recipe makes 4 servings )
1. Cook ground turkey over stove top until meat is fully cooked.
2. Add in marinara sauce to the cooked ground turkey (I used this delicious, organic and healthy Bertolli Sauce from Costco!)
3. Add dash of sea salt and black pepper to meat sauce for extra flavor.
4. Chop up your zuchinni in circular pieces then cut those into halves.
5. Whip your 1 cup of cottage cheese with your 1/2 cup egg whites together in a separate bowl.
6. Start layering!
- Layer 1: zuchinni (lay about 3-4 half pieces) this replaces your pasta.
- Layer 2: a spoonful or two of your meat sauce.
- Layer 3: 1 spoonful of your cottage cheese/egg white mix
- Layer 4: Pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top off with lots of mozzeralla cheese!
Repeat the above layers until Mason jar is full!
7. Place 3-4 full Mason jars on cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
BE VERY CAREFUL AS YOU TAKE THESE OUT OF THE OVEN. The glass jars get extremely hot and a little heavy as you take them out of the oven.
Let these cool down for a loooong time before serving or storing in the fridge.
They look a little weird, but they are DELICIOUS! Enjoy ❤️
Let me know if you try these out and how they came out for you!
Follow me on Instagram for more ideas! ❤️